Urban Makers East and Carousel & Co. Present: Wholesale 101
Wednesday 7th of June, 6pm-8pm
Are you a designer-maker ready to start selling your work into shops? Carousel & Co. are bringing you an info-packed talk on the best practices for approaching retailers and how to successfully start wholesaling your products.
This seminar will cover the following topics:
- Pre-requisites needed for wholesale success
- Advice on pricing
- Establishing the right retailers to target
- Tips & tricks for connecting with buyers
- Best practices after the initial order hits the shop floor
Doors will be open from 6 pm for wine & nibbles. There will be an opportunity for questions at the end of the session and a chance to network with like-minded small business owners throughout the evening. You will also receive a handout with all the information discussed for your reference after the seminar.
Location address: Il Cudega Restaurant / Fount London E8 3RN
Carousel & Co. provides strategic consulting, programs, & workshops to help you achieve your retail goals. Agency founder, Rachel Peterman, started Carousel & Co. in order to share her extensive insider knowledge and resources with independent retailers and brands.
Rachel has spent the past 10 years:
- Developing the Gucci Timepieces and Jewellery business within 24 emerging markets as the Europe Distribution Sales Manager
- Managing US national wholesale accounts for Gucci Timepieces and Jewellery within department stores including Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Nordstrom
- Business planning for Michael Kors Handbags, where she was responsible for the assortment, inventory, open to buy, and long term growth plans for their largest wholesale accounts
- Completing the Bloomingdale’s Executive Development Program, moving on to hold buying and planning roles within various families of business
- Rolling out a new company wide size allocation program for Bloomingdale’s. Driving sales, increasing productivity of inventory, and improving gross margins by maximising the impact of localised size assortment strategies
- Covering the Los Angeles market as a Merchandise Coordinator for Coach Handbags, training regional managers and sales associates on customer service, merchandising standards, and product knowledge